Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Benefits Of Handcrafted Soap

I have had dry skin my entire life. As a child I used hydrocortisone like it was going out of style. As a grown up, I lathered up with lotions after every shower.
I can honestly say, with no word of a lie, that since I started using our soaps, I have not had to moisturize after bathing.
I know, you're thinking that I'm tooting Sweet Leaf's horn right now...I might be a little bit, but it's not like we invented hand crafted soap! There are so many fantastic soap makers out there and I am sure if you were to purchase their soaps, you would find the same remarkable difference in your skin.
I honestly think that it was commercial soap that did me in. They're made of detergents, harsh chemicals, petroleums and a bunch of stuff that I won't even try to pronounce! I'm told that they remove most of the glycerin (the super moisturizing by-product of soap making) while adding synthetic fragrances to make them smell nice.
Handcrafted soaps on the other hand are made with a variety of nourishing oils and butters, each one, carefully chosen by the soap maker for it's individual property, whether it be healing, moisturizing or conditioning.
Essential oils and botanicals are added to not only give the bar an appealing scent, but to uplift, soothe, revitalize, relax, detoxify, get rid of cellulite and stretch marks or just plain get you in the mood!
If you haven't had the handcrafted soap experience yet...go out and get a bar! I guarantee you will notice a difference in a couple of showers...what do you have to lose?
Love,
Sweet Leaf Bath Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment